Bridge House / Grace House hosts several special events to raise funds to support our Substance Abuse Treatment Program. These events are organized by volunteers serving on the committee for each event. The following are the Bridge House / Grace House special events.
- Recycled Fashion Show- Late Winter- A fashion show featuring thrift store clothing tweaked by designers with food, a raffle, and a silent auction.
- Cochon Cotillion- April- A parody of a Mardi Gras Ball featuring a king, queen, court, parade, music, food, a raffle, and a silent auction.
- Women of Substance- May- A luncheon honoring Three Women for their accomplishments on a selected category selected for the event, e.g. “Women of Words.” The event has a raffle, silent and live auction, and a fashion show.
- Mr. Legs- July- A parody of a beauty pageant featuring guys in shorts and costumes. The winner is the contestant that raises the most money. Music, food, a raffle, and a silent auction are part of Mr. Legs.
- Rockin’ with the NOLA Stars- Fall- A “Dancing with the Stars” type event featuring local “celebrities” as dancers in the contest. Each dancer is partnered with a dance instructor from Dance Quarter. The winner is the dancer that raises the most money. Music, food, a raffle, and a silent auction are part of Rockin’ with the NOLA Stars.
- Fore! Recovery Golf Tournament- Fall- A scramble format golf tournament at English Turn Golf & Country Club. The tournament features a million dollar hole-in-one as well as a hole-in-one for a car, a putting contest, closest to the hole, longest drive, lunch, drinks, food on the course, and an awards party.
- Celebrity Waiters- Fall- A luncheon featuring local celebrities. The event includes a silent and live auction.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve on one or more of these committees, contact: