July 29, 2013
Bridge House / Grace House Launches Capital Campaign for Women’s Clinic
Donate: Grace House Women’s Medical Clinic
Grace House focuses on the unique needs of women in recovery including the areas of trauma, self-esteem, parenting, and healthy relationships. It is the only facility exclusively for women in the Greater New Orleans area. Our residents have practiced high risk behaviors that increase incidence of sexually transmitted infections and certain cancers. These behaviors include:
- 32% have had sex for drugs or money.
- 54% have used IV drugs.
- 52% report never or only sometimes using condoms for STI/pregnancy prevention.
Currently, our residents experience the following barriers to receiving healthcare:
- Overcrowding at free/low cost clinics and healthcare facilities
- 80% of patients do not qualify to Medicaid, are without insurance and have no funds to pay for care.
- Perceived stigma surrounding substance abuse and addiction makes our patients reluctant to seek outside care.
Our Vision is to create a female friendly women’s clinic at the Grace House location on Camp Street so that all Grace House residents may receive timely treatment, health education, and preventative health screenings. In order to accomplish this vision, we are embarking on a $100,000 fundraising campaign. With this funding, we will begin a Tulane Medical Student-run women’s clinic at the Grace House facility on Camp Street. This clinic will better address our population’s physical and mental health needs through prevention, education and treatment. We invite you to help make this vision a reality by making a financial contribution to Bridge / Grace House for our Women’s Clinic. You can donate by contacting Anne Springer at email@example.com or 504-821-7134. You can also donate online via the PayPal link below: